James is quite the comedian already....well he is funny to us with his infinite facial expression and big smile. Today he has done the cutest thing....you see for the last 3 weeks or so we've noticed that he LOVES trees! If we go out side he just stares at them and even when he's gassy and I have to hold him all day he stares out the window at the trees behind the computer desk! (not much else mommy can do one handed...sewing or scrapbooking isn't exactly possible on those days) Anyway we've also recently discovered why he's so quiet when we put him on the changing table....he loves to stare at the walls in that room...they're green go figure huh? Well so I was just changing him a few minutes ago and had the curtain open since it only has until about 2pm before the sun blares right in I thought I'd get some natural light for a little bit. When I picked him up he seemed interested in the window so I took him over to look out. I told him that he was "just gonna love going camping next weekend. It's so much prettier and there are LOTS of really green trees." Then we wandered around the room looking at things, with it still being partially my hobby room there was lots of color to look at like the rainbow of ribbons I have hanging or all the colorful paper. Then I said "so are you gonna be a crafty person like your momma?" and he just kept staring...what did I expect he's only 5 weeks old right? Well then I asked "are you gonna be a fisherman like your daddy?" and what did I get another stare? HA!! how about a big fat grin!! Coincidence right? I mean again he's only 5 weeks old....so to test the theory that he's to young to respond comprehensively I said "are you gonna sew things like mommy?" and I kid you not he made a yucky face. Again, "are you gonna be a fisherman like daddy?" and again a huge grin. So for a third time I tried mixing it up, "are you gonna hunt like daddy?" and all I got was a stare....now last try "are you gonna be a fisherman like daddy?" and again another HUGE grin.
Now most of you may say it's a humorous coincidence and that may be true but seriously??? A Fisherman? Aren't we supposed to have higher hopes for our kids when they're this age like doctors and lawyers and such? Isn't it when they are at least 2 or 3 when we become more realistic about the paths our children may actually take?? A fisherman??
Maybe he thinks it will be his number one hobby?!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There's nothing wrong with being a fisherman. Maybe he can be one of those you see on the Discovery channel making millions of dollars catching and selling fish. :)
ReplyDeleteCute story!
those are crab fisherman and they work what is considered americas most dangerous job!! very cool but not sure it's a life I want to see my son doing!! and it's 4 months away from his family every year!! but maybe it's a pro fisherman like the kind that get sponsors to buy them boats so they can catch the biggest bass in the water! that would be cool!!!
ReplyDeleteHey we need to eat fish right? Well at least some people do...lol It sounds like he will be a nature man. Who knows maybe the next survivorman or Steve Irwin.
ReplyDeleteGuess you know what he could be for Halloween!!
ReplyDelete--Theresa
How sweet! You need to grab a picture of that grin!
ReplyDelete