They say "romance" changes drastically when you have children....well I was determined not to let the fact that there is a new5 week old baby in our house keep Tyler and I from enjoying our 2nd anniversary. At our wedding we had pie instead of cake and a yummy Marie Calender's strawberry pie sat on top with a "pie" topper. We decided that night that since we couldn't freeze our top layer we would get a M.C. strawberry pie every year on our anniversary and share it together in the comfort of our own home. I also promised to wear my dress every year. Well needless to say the dress didn't exactly fit only 5 week after child birth but I made it work and Tyler came home from his meeting to find his beaming bride and a candle lit strawberry pie picnic on the living room floor....of course he walks in says "awe baby i love it" then comes around the corner with a box of strawberry pie he tried to surprise me with!!! We were both laughing SO hard!! Then we sat there with one fork feeding each other yummy pie again a burst of laughter filled the house when we realized how very "romantic" the melody "rock a bye baby" could be!! And to top it all off Buddy was not havin' any of this...how dare mom and dad try to be romantic and eat pie without sharing!!
Here's to many more "romantic" anniversary pies!!!
Here's to many more "romantic" anniversary pies!!!


Sound's like it was wonderful, and I truly hope that all of them are that wonderful. But if you keep eating strawberry pie, you will never get to fit into that beautiful dress:-D
ReplyDeleteThat is the sweetest story I've heard. I knew he was such a good guy when I met him, and you're such a great wife.
ReplyDeleteCongrats, love!
(Has it really been two years??)
Oh, yeh... Young Love conquers all! Great event, hope for many more...
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! That is just adorable! What a great memory too!
ReplyDeleteThat is too cute! I love it :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet. The best part of the story is that Tyler remembered. What a good guy you have.
ReplyDelete