Last night was by far the longest night we've had since James arrived in our home. He has a really nasty case of thrush and yesterday he went to the doctor to get medicine for it. I swear it was just a little bit when we went to bed Monday night but by the time it was dark last night it had spread like a wild fire and his sweet smile disappeared! At about 10 it really kicked in and boy it seemed like it would never stop! Around midnight my dear husband got up and went out to watch TV with him to let me try to sleep some, not that a mother actually sleeps soundly when they know their sick baby is in the other room crying but it was nice of him to let me try. Finally after a few hours of constant fussing we knew he had to be exhausted and decided to call the doctor to find out if Tylenol would even help if we gave it to him. I didn't figure it would do anything for a sore mouth. Before we called the doctor MY husband decided to give James a blessing. It was short and simple but a priesthood blessing still the same. After about 15 minutes as I was talking to the doctor I realized James had finally fallen asleep on daddy chest! Hooray for a father/husband who can give blessing to our family! James slept right there on daddy's chest from about 4 am until 7 this morning! I am so glad he finally got some rest. It breaks my heart to see him so sick especially when he's so young!
I am blessed to have such a wonderful family and an amazing husband worthy of the priesthood! I love him so much! And my other two boys!
Having the priesthood is a huge blessing. That is such a sweet story. I hope that little James starts feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! My niece has been having trouble with thrush, too. You have such a wonderful little family, Keriann!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that everyone got some sleep last night! Kiss little James for me, and I wish him a speedy recovery. Yay for Daddy's with comforting words and touch.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
So sweet. Having a worthy priesthood holder really is a wonderful thing. I am glad James was able to calm down after the blessing and get a little rest. I hope his thrush does not last too long. That is not a fun thing.
ReplyDeleteIt really is wonderful to have the priesthood in your home. I am glad that you all finally got a little bit of sleep. I hope he gets better soon. Let me know if I can help at all.
ReplyDelete