Wednesday, August 5, 2009

{burp}

I still have tears in my eyes as I sit here trying to type....I was just feeding James a small bottle (with the thrush he only drinks a little at a time) and it came time to burp him. I have to burp him every half ounce or so or he gets to gassy and the only way this little guy will burp is sitting up on my leg with his chin in my hand and patting his back with the other. Well He was sliding down so I lifted him up and resat him on my knee and the kid burped louder than I think I've ever burped (for those that really know me that pretty loud)! With that kind of burp I was quickly ready for the out pour of the milk he just drank but when I looked down at him.....he had a look on his face like he had just seen a ghost walk through the room!! His eyes were big as saucers, his eyebrows stuck to his hair line, and the corners of his mouth seemed to be frozen wide open with his chin dug into his chest!! It scared the wits out of him so bad he was stunned then just started crying....heaven help me if you think I'm a bad mom but I laughed so hard the tears were pouring from my eyes for 10 minutes! I am just so sad that no one else was home to see it!!

These are the times you wish there was a hidden camera in the house!!

4 comments:

  1. So funny!! I would have laughed hard too! Love it.

    Hey, for gassy babies I just found this stuff called "Gripe water" that I used for Chase. I love this stuff. You can only get it a whole food places (like Clarks in Loma Linda), but it really does help with the gassyness. (All 3 of my boys were horribly gassy and this stuff is WAY better than Mylacon drops.) Just thought I would share that with you since I was SOO happy when Lisa Williams and another friend shared it with me this time around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too too cute!! I would have laughed too. If you are a bad mom for that than I am a horrible mom because i laugh at my kids in those kind of moments too! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious! I wish you had a picture of the moment, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came on here to invite you to my new blog, but this story had me laughing at loud! That is so funny!!! I love it! I am glad I am not the only mom out there who laughs at her kids!

    I know youre super busy with the baby and all, but I just wanted to let you know about the new giveaway I am having on my blog so you don't miss out. You are already a follower of A Place that Makes Me Smile, but click over to somewhatsimple, become a follower there instead, and you could win!

    Take care Keriann!
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete