Wednesday, August 12, 2009

{family updates}

James

Well James turned three weeks old yesterday. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already! He's been so much fun to have around the house! We all love him so very much! He is doing good as far as a healthy growing baby but he has been sick with a nasty case of thrush since he was a little over a week old. We are doing everything to get rid of it but it's being rather stubborn! Yesterday we went back to the doctors to get more medicine. She said that for babies with lower immune systems it can take up to 4 weeks to really get rid of thrush....FOUR WEEKS!!!! UGH!!! My best friends reaction was pretty much "i can't believe doctors can't find a quicker solution these days...mommies want their babies to get better fast!" Amen to that Jen! James also has seemed to develop a serious case of gas...I am crossing my fingers it doesn't roll over into a colic baby situation! I'm too old for that! hehe Wyatt was a gassy baby too but not quite this bad. Mylacon has been a regular part of James diet for two weeks! A friend said there's a new miracle med called Gripe Water. I think we'll be hunting that down tomorrow! But the doctor did say he was growing lots....he grew a whole pound in exactly one week! Crazy!! He is now the size wyatt was at birth! Even crazier!! We are moving on to the next drawer of clothes in his dresser!

Anyway other than the crying gassy moments and applying the horrific medicine in his mouth all day long he is a happy little guy. He like to smile at funny noises and even has laughed out loud in his sleep! It is too funny! Oh and the faces this kid makes are too die for! Adorable are some but seriously hilarious are most!!! James loves his mommy a lot too....sometimes daddy and wyatt feel sad when he cries and stops instantly when mommy takes him but they know he just remembers being in my tummy for so long and that he loves them a lot too! He loves to stare outside too. whenever he's next to a window he stretches his head to look out. When both your parents love the outdoors I guess it's natural instincts! And his head...he is already so strong. He lifts his head up off your chest and tries to move it around but it's a bit wobbly. Still it's impressive that he can already lift it up! My little muscle man!

Wyatt

Wyatt is doing great! He started 6th grade today. I know huh?!! 6th GRADE!!!! I can't believe it! Here in Grand Terrace 6th grade is in elementary school still so he isn't in multiply classes yet but I went to Jr High for 6th grade so the thought that he is that age is insane! In less than 6 months my little man turns 12 years old. He will be in young mens at church. He will be able to pass the sacrament and go to scout activities with his dad (Tyler is a leader in the young mens group) I am so blessed to have such a wonderful young man! Wyatt has grown to be more than any mother could have asked for. He's been a son, a protector, a comforter, and even at times my salvation in ways only he will ever know. The lord truly knew what he was doing when he gave me care of his special child and allowed me to name him and hold him and teach him all that I know and more. He knew how much I needed Wyatt and I will forever be grateful for the years we've had together. No matter how many more wonderful children come into our family I'm afraid to tell you my son but you my oldest will "always be my baby"!

As for school, Wyatt likes his new teacher so far. His favorite thing is electronic fridays. Of course it would be right? They get to take their DS (video games) when they have a good week. As for how the teacher is going to pan out for his needs well it's still too early to tell so we'll keep you all posted on that.

Mom

Well I am doing well. I've mostly healed up from delivery now and I am adjusting to midnight feedings and dirty diapers pretty well. It's been almost 12 years since I've had a baby in the house but I've found it to be just like riding a bike....it comes right back to you when you need it to! I am loving all my boys James, Wyatt, Tyler and even Buddy (the dog). I always new I'd have a house full of boys and it's been everything I hoped it would be! I am a very lucky woman! As for school well...I gave it a break during the pregnancy and I decided not to go back for this fall semester. In the spring James will be about 7 months old and it should be a bit easier to focus some of my time on school work. Photography classes really take a lot of time and then there's the regular general ed classes. So for now I'm going to tend to my boys and get lots of photography practice with a growing new boy! I think we're even going to try to get out to the trailer (camping in mamoth area) in the beginning of september so I will be able to get some practice in on my favorite subjects to photograph...the great outdoors!

Dad

Tyler is doing well with his first experience fathering a brand new baby! He's been feeding him, bathing him and even changing the worst of dirty diapers...although he is still working on his speed techniques! hehe Tyler is loving the whole experience and with having wyatt he's already ready for the "older years"! He loves to make James smile. The first time James laughed out loud, in his sleep of course, tyler was holding him. What a special moment that was for daddy!

Work is going well. They have slow days and busy days but that's normal for most construction type businesses so we don't worry about it. He has great bosses that are good friends to us and appreciate all the hard work he does for them. As for the SAR (search and rescue) team well he still loves it! They haven't had too many call outs lately which is actually a good thing for the people but kind of gets boring for the team so they fill up their time with lots of trainning and things to keep up on their skills. The team really is an amazing group of people and I am so incredibly proud that my husband is the kind of man who freely gives of his time and often means to be a part of such a great group of voluteers!

Well I guess that's about it for family updates. The house is looking better and better every month. We are enjoying having a nice grass yard instead of the desert we had before. And many millions of thanks goes out to our friend Matt for helping us install an air conditioning unit! We are so glad the land lord was willing to pay for it and lucky we knew someone willing to help us put it in! The baby's room is all put together accept for the bedding but he's sleeping in our room in a bassinet for now so we'll worry about that later. Wyatt's room is painted but needs a few touch ups from bleeding tape and we have to make the head board and a few bright green pillow still. Our room is finally organized....I'll decorate it later. The living room well it's last on my list, the bathroom has a plan but needs to be executed and the kitchen...well I just can't decide! I've got a color scheme but I'm still contemplating how to bring it all together. Hopefully that will get done soon. Then eventually.....we'll tackle the back yard!! That's a chore all in itself!

So that everything. We hope you all are doing well and we send our love and hugs to our distant friends and family!

1 comment:

  1. Loved getting that update!! I am glad things seem to be going so good (except gassy baby with thrush. No fun to those 2 things). Keep enjoying all your boys. Boys really are fun :)

    ReplyDelete