Friday, August 7, 2009

{James' 1st FHE}

(sorry about the crummy photograph, not sure what happened to it but it's actually a better photo than it's showing here?)

James' first Family Home Evening! Wyatt was in charge of the lesson and he chose a story out of the friend to read. As I sat there watching him read with his little brother in his lap I snapped out of my emotional zone and realized he was reading about going to the temple and having forever families.....that along with the site of my boys sitting together had me in tears. Wyatt kind of thought it was funny because to him it was no big deal he was only reading the "comic style" shortest story in the magazine! This was a moment I will never forget and a moment these two handsome will cherish the memory or story telling of forever! I love my boys!!

For those of my readers that don't know FHE (family home evening) is a night usually Monday that our family sets aside to spend quality time together learning from each other about the principles and values we believe in. From primary songs to prayer and lesson and then a yummy treat or fun activity we really enjoy every minute of it!

6 comments:

  1. O, my heck. Your boys are so sweet together. Congrats on little James. We are so happy for you. You look so happy. Michelle Elison

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great. I got a little teary-eyed reading the story behind the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. Wyatt sure looks like he is enjoying his brother. I still think the picture turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant believe how big my litle bubba is getting. He looks so sweet with baby james in his arms. I am glad you guys are doing so great but I am sad Bubba (and James) have grown so much, I feel like I missed so much already!! I love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how precious! I love moments like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too sweet. I think I would have been in tears too. I just love the picture of Wyatt holding James while does the lesson. What a good big brother.

    ReplyDelete