Friday, October 16, 2009

{that's just poopy!}

Monday and Tuesday James had to have some testing done at the doctors. The Tuesday test was horrible....no one told me it would be all day long!! They had to take pictures every 15 minutes of flouro dye going all the way through James' system. I was told to bring James in hungry...apparently so he would actually drink the dye. To the doctors surprise there wasn't one complaint from James about the white chalk filled 2 ounce bottle they gave him. However it was taking him a while to get down the half of it they wanted him to start with so I told the nurse to make the hole bigger in the nipple...James is already moved on the medium flow nipples. Well that did the trick! About 60 seconds later the doctor tells me to stop when he's drank half and I laughed as I tried to tell him to late it's all gone!

Well they took a few pictures and waited 15 min then took a few more. The whole while James was screeming. The nurse made a comment about him being madder than most babies about the xray and again I about fell over laughing when I told her "mam HE'S STARVING!!!" she seemed to think that a 2 ounces bottle should have been enough for him so I cleared up a few misconceptions that all babies "follow the rules" and informed her that this baby drinks 6 - 8 ounces bottles. Since he wasn't allowed to have his formula yet she gave him another 2 ounces of that white chalk stuff. Quick as a blink down the hatch it went.

Now for the sad, painful yet photographically funny part of this story.....

Finally I fed him a real bottle and 5 hours later we were headed home. She said the white stuff would pass but to make sure he's drinking his regular bottles so that it doesn't dehydrate him. Noon the next day came and it hadn't passed much more than a few drops. James was plugged up with white chalk. Here's the funny part:

"i think i can i think i can..."

This was only 1/2 as red as his face really got!!

Ahhh much better!!a little water always remedied a plug up baby and after about 4 ounces, a few hours and some very painful effort, the white chalk was history!

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so funny. I love the smile when he has finally gone. Such a cutie. But it sounded like a not very fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little man is such a cutie!! What did you find out from the x-rays and testing?

    ReplyDelete