Monday, October 19, 2009

{testing}

Ok I guess I should have explained what was going on before I posted the funny poopy story. Everyone has been emailing me wanting to know what's wrong with James! Thank you all for your concerns! The good news is all tests came back normal. So here's the whole story....

About a two weeks ago I had enough of James spitting up on everything all day long. It didn't matter whether he ate 2 ounces or 6 ounces....whether he had just eaten or it had been two hours. The only two things I knew for sure where 1. that it was inevitable that he would throw up at least 1/3 of everything he ate and 2. that he would throw up within 30 seconds of being laid on his back.....I'm sure most of you moms out there are thinking the same thing...Acid Reflux! So after going rounds with the doctor about whether or not he was eating to much and having to explain that the babies in my family seem to have an insanely high metabolism I finally got him to say he'd like to give James medicine for acid reflux! Hallelujah right?!?!!! Well that's what I thought too until one day enough vomit to fill a whole dinner glass shot out of his mouth and clear across the trailer (out camping)! Ugh here we go again...

The medicine we were giving him takes a few days to kick in. The day before we went camping he seemed to be spitting up half of what he had been and I was more than grateful! Then the next day up in mammoth he was spitting up like before again, the day after that was a bit worse and by that night he was spitting up 5 handfuls all through a 6 ounce bottle then screaming cause he was still hungry. Tyler gave him a blessing and he went to bed sleeping through the night for the first time! The doctor had told us to keep on eye out for these exact symptoms because there was a possibility he had a different problem, one which would require a small surgery. So needless to say after he projectile vomited the next morning I called Kaiser right away said I was on my way back from Mammoth and I needed a late after noon appointment.

We made it back in town with just enough time to go straight to the doctor, truck full of bags and towing a boat too! We talked to the doctor who then sent us directly to the fontana hospital for labs and xrays. Then the next morning I had to take him back for one more test where they fed him the "white chalk" and tracked in going through his tummy and intestines....(the poopy story)

So you want to know the funny yet almost frustrating thing about all of this? He hasn't had any severe spitting up since the day after all his testing was done. Bizarre! Anyway I got a call from the doctor just this morning letting me know that all of his tests came back normal but the xrays taken with the dye did show a rather bad case of acid reflux...

So was it elevation? car sickness? some kind of allergy? Well considering we had taken James there a month before and he was fine I'm going to say my prayers thank my heavenly father for a worthy priesthood holder for a husband and find comfort in the miracles that can come from a priesthood blessing!

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything is okay and that you filled the rest of us in on what the testing was for.

    ReplyDelete