Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend

So this weekend was a fun one indeed! Friday night I got everything all finished up for the ward valentine's parade breakfast the nest morning. Which by the way went perfectly! I wished the attendance had been higher but it looked like those that came had a great time and there was PLENTY to eat!! The parade was adorable and fun to say the least each family that participated really showed us what was important to them and how they love to LOVE!! Thanks to all that helped out and all that participated as well as our wonderful cheering crowds!

Anyway back to the weekend....so after I finished everything for the breakfast Friday night I started to work on a project for my brother in laws fiance's bridal shower that was Saturday afternoon. A pretty detailed project but nothing I couldn't get done in time....YEAH RIGHT!!! Everything went wrong!! This wouldn't stick to that or that didn't match this or this machine broke or that glue ran out! I finally gave up and decided if the breakfast went fast enough then I could work on it a few more hours before the shower....

Saturday: Wonderful morning as already mentioned.....then the horror!! I got to working on this project again but still no luck. Finally the prego emotions kicked in and my husband, son and mother who came to take Wyatt for the day all so very patiently listened and encouraged as I raged on and on about being the biggest failure at everything (because let's face it when you're pregnant and one thing goes that terribly wrong under pressure it truly feels like you've failed the whole world! hehe). Mom and Wyatt left and my husband picked up his broken wife and said how can I fix it.....Now I'm not sure that was a smart thing to say to me right at that very moment and in my hysteria I was shocked to find enough energy to bite my tongue and simply say buy me a stake dinner! HAHA definitely hysteria! At any rate long story short project never got finished and I told the bride to be who was 30 minutes from my house that I had forgotten her gift and would get it in the mail this week....needless to say I'm working on that today!

So then After the shower and my hubby and I realized we were really alone at about 6:45 he proceeds to tell me he had a surprise evening planned (mind you we were still in Alta Loma at this time). He told me he had made an appointment for a session at the redlands temple and then wanted to go out for desert. I started crying and the look on his face said man I screwed up again! Poor guy! I asked him why he wanted to do that and he said he thought about valentine's day and that love is what it's all about and the temple was the perfect place to share that with his wife. I told him that even though there was absolutely no way we would make the session in time that it was the best valentine's day surprise I could have ever dreamed of. After the relief hit him we ended up getting Quizno's and cuddled up in front of a movie. Happy Valentine's Day to me!!

Oh one little thing....first thing Saturday morning my son came in and woke me up with a balloon that said I love and a card he picked out himself that said you can be anything you want to be....what a wonderful boy I have!!

Anyway Sunday we enjoyed sacrament, relaxed and had a small birthday dinner for my 11 year old big boy!

And that was my weekend....wish i had picture to show all the fun and frustrating events but my little camera broke. Hopefully I'll get it fixed soon!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a weekend. Good and bad all mixed together. Although it sounded like more good than bad. I am glad the ward activity went so good. My boys all said they had a good time and Tanner cannot stop talking about the food (funny kid). I am glad you got to spend Saturday evening with your husband too. What a cute Valentine's Day surprise date too . . .even if you didn't get to do it. I love when husbands plan a date! I am sorry your project didn't turn out though. You are nice to be making something for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well thanks! It really was more good! I hope to finish the project soon. I have so much stuff in my room there was no need to go buy something! And I am so glad your boys all loved it the parade so much! And I guess the breakfast to for the little guy! hehe that's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fun at the ward thing! It was nice to get out of the house for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I ask a strange question? What is a "session at Temple?" I know its with your church but don't know exactly what it means. Can you fill a little Catholic in?? LOL... I enjoy reading your stories. You've always written such wonderful and funny things. Thank you for sharing! Congrats on the baby boy by the way!

    ReplyDelete