Sunday, December 20, 2009

{do you flip 'em}

So how many of you have actually read all the instructions on the back of the fish sticks box? Did you know it says to flip them over half way through the cooking time? Am I the only one who cooks the entire bag for one meal? Seriously what are they thinking? Is it not true that pretty much 90% of the fish stick cookers in the world are mothers with more than one mouth at the table anxiously awaiting these tasty quick fix sticks? And unless I'm totally lost, aren't people who sit around making charts and writing emails to big head hauncho guys telling them who they're main consumer is?

Then who in their right mind decided to put "turn sticks over halfway through baking" in the instruction? Who actually thought any of the consumers they targeted would have the time to sit and turn over every little tiny fish stick on that pan all the while having to explain to the hungry heads at the table that NO they are not done yet mommy has to flip them first?

I, for one, sure would like to meet the person who decided to inflict such a heavy burden upon the mothers of hungry children in this world!

However I decided tonight I would give this technique of theirs a try...so when the time was half over I opened the oven, got my hot dog tongs, and started to flip......then I really flipped! That was seriously an unnecessary annoyance! I was thinking the whole time (even though I knew my thoughts were not in my favor) "these better be the best tasting fish sticks ever!" And after another 10 minutes in the oven you know what we discovered....?

They taste the same!!

so how many of you actually bother to "flip 'em"?

2 comments:

  1. well, i don't cook fish sticks but I don't flip our chicken strips if that makes oyu feel better! they all taste the same whether you flip them or not.

    ReplyDelete