Tuesday, June 30, 2009

{about you}

I started this blog to keep family and friends updated on our little family but I think one of the key parts to relationships is to make an effort to get to know those who want to know you. So I found these conversation cards that I am going to post every so often in hopes of learning more about all of you! Just leave a comment with your answer or thoughts asked by the card. Since this is the first one I figured I'd make it a fun one!!




7 comments:

  1. Sadly enough I would have to say I don't know jokes very well. But, I could share a Joke Tanner shared with us the other day. It wouldn't normally be funny, but since it came from a 5 year old mind we were all laughing pretty hestically.

    Tanner: "Why did the chicken need to cross the road"
    Me: "Why?"
    Tanner: "Because it needed to go on the other side."

    Enough said. Probably that isn't funny to you, but it sure was to us. Love this idea of conversation cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bad one...

    Farrah Fawcett dies and goes to heaven. Since she was so sweet and caring here on Earth, the saints gave her one wish. She wished for all of the children of the world to be safe. Next thing she knew, Micheal Jackson died.

    I heard this and about peed my pants laughing. I know it's bad, but at the same time it's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Knock-knock"
    "Who's there?"
    "Interrupting Cow"
    Interrupting Cow w-"
    "MOO!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I don't know any jokes off hand but I know you know who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tasha I totally know what you mean! Even lame jokes are funny when little kids try to repeat them! Wyatt made up a joke when he was about 7 it said....

    "why wouldn't the skeleton cross the road?"
    "because he didn't have any guts!"

    I laughed so hard!!!

    Kristen, My neighbor heard the same joke the other day. FYI I'm a big MJ fan!! But I'll give you this, whoever made that one up was pretty clever.

    Sarah!!! I love it! That's too funny! I'm actually gonna repeat that one if you don't mind

    Letti, of course I know who you are! I know who all of your are....just want to get to know you all better. Those conversation cards will come soon...for now try asking your kids....it's amazing the silly jokes kids seem to come up with! Especially the younger ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An email from a friend: (since she couldn't post)

    I tried to tell a joke the other day but it was a pain to log on and nothing was going right, but I've been reading your blogs regardless!
    Love and Miss ya!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I couldn't resist posting this one!

    A 6-year-old and a 4-year-old are upstairs in their bedroom. "You know what?" says the 6-year-old. "I think it's about time we start cussing." The 4-year-old nods his head in approval. The 6-year-old continues. "When we go downstairs for breakfast I'm going to say hell and you say ass."

    "OK!" The 4 year old agrees with enthusiasm.

    Their mother walks into the kitchen and asks the 6-year-old what he wants for breakfast. "Aw hell, Mom, I guess I'll have some Cheerios."

    WHACK! He flies out of his chair, tumbles across the kitchen floor, gets up, and runs upstairs crying his eyes out, with his mother in hot pursuit, slapping his rear every step. The mom locks him in his room and shouts "You can just stay there till I let you out!"

    She then comes back downstairs, looks at the 4-year-old, and asks with a stern voice, "And what do YOU want for breakfast young man?

    "I don't know," he blubbers, "But you can bet your ass it won't be Cheerios!"

    ReplyDelete