Thursday, June 4, 2009

{Humbling Experience}

So we've just finished thursday family game night. Tonight we played Disney's version of Sorry. Now maybe it's because it's a fun game or maybe it's because I always win at it but either way it's one of my favorites! So tonight it was neck and neck as all three of us had three guys in our home space and took turns pushing each others last pawn back as far away from winning as we could. I was the closest to my home whenI kid you not Tyler drew a 10 card. For those of you that don't know the rules you have to land into your home space by exact count, a pawn could be 2 spaces away forever if you don't draw a two card. Well as you can probably guess....Tyler was 10 spaces from his home! What are the odds? Seriously! Tyler VERY RARELY wins at board games and I VERY RARELY loose at sorry but low and behold tonight was his lucky night! He had a good laugh and well I was in a cheery mood so I laughed as well of course it followed by "don't get used to it" with a challenging smirk and then "ok let's go for seconds". Then Wyatt drew the next card with his last blue pawn half way to his home and I kid you not again if the little booger didn't draw the BLUE 12!!! In the Disney version the cards have numbers and colors. If you pick one with your color there are "special" instructions on it....the 12 cards all say "If your the (whatever color) card move your lead pawn directly to home or move 12." Yes not only did I not win at a game I ALWAYS win but I completely lost....even trying for second place!!!

I DECLARE A REMATCH!!!!!!!!!! =)

2 comments:

  1. I love that! We always try to beat each other at sorry too!! Too funny. Go Tyler and Wyatt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny!! I love that you are all playing games together too. how fun is your family!

    ReplyDelete