Wednesday, October 6, 2010

{something person}

Setting: (5 minutes ago) Tyler and James were leaving for the store. I started to ask him to get something but he asked me something first then I couldn't remember what I wanted. Tyler and James are gone. I'm sitting at my sewing machine on the kitchen table and he's sitting on the other side.

Mom: "I really can't remember what I was going to ask Tyler to get me"

Wyatt: "Well tell me a list. Ramble stuff and see if you can remember."

Mom: "That doesn't work for me"

Wyatt: "Milk!" (pause to see if that was it) "Jelly! We are out of jelly." (pause) "cheese" (pause)

Mom: "No Wyatt it was something just for me personally"

Wyatt: in a loud excited voice thinking he had for sure he figured it out yells, "Tampons!!!"

I laughed so hard I had tears!!

Wyatt: (laughing) "Well when you say personal things that's the first thing I think of"

That was so not what I meant by "something just for me". I was thinking that there was a treat I was craving or something I wanted for after the kids go to bed kind of thing that I can't remember. Can you tell he was raised by a single mom? He will make an awesome boyfriend someday!!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I don't even like saying that word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! That actually made me laugh out loud, and not much makes me do that anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud for a long time...that is to sweet...sound like something Dev would have said at that age too! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete