Ok so I am still trying to find the right name for a crafty blog. I have decided I just want something fun and random like "Purple Peas" or "Fancy Pants" (which I think is already a scrapbook company) so I've posted a poll on the right side of my blog. There are 4 ideas I've already thought of and room for an "other" spot. I'd really like you opinions! Please vote for the name you like or if you vote "other" please comment on this post as to what you came up with! Who knows maybe if I choose a name you come up with there might be a fun little treat in your mailbox by the end of the week! =)
Oh and for an explanation on the names I've already come up with well Mandarin Slice I just love orange but didn't want to use the word orange. Wild raspberries is fun but I worry about the colors theme being pink and chocolate (not a fan of pink). Midnight Monkey I thought was very appropriate.....the only time I really get to myself for crafty things is in the middle of the night when all the monkies have gone to bed! As for Purple Peas, well that just came to me as I was typing the blog!
So let me know what you all think....my things to post on a crafty blog file is getting full!! I must choose soon!! I want to have it set up before October starts!! Poll is on the right---->
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok, I voted! All of the titles are cute, but I love the idea of the mama waiting until the kids are asleep before she has time to be herself. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWhat about -
ReplyDeleteSugarplum Tree
Sugared Plums
Cre8ive Mind
Snips and Scraps
Scrap To It
Peaches and Dreams
Refined Thoughts
Cre8 With Me
Studio Yellow
The Yellow Door
Studio Dreams
Studio Cre8ive
Cre8 a la mode
Dreams a la mode
a la mode
Studio a la Mode
Scrap a la Mode
Just a few off the top of my head - I know I am a silly one!
Craft This
ReplyDeleteMandarin Magic
Sweet Mandarins
This is Me
The Apple Slice
The Orange Peel
Orange is so much better than White
Ok WOW!!! Now I have way too much to think about....HELP!!! my brain hurts!! HEHEHE =)
ReplyDeleteOk so Janean the ones I like on your list are already taken (the blog address)...bummer!
Letti same thing with yours...MAN THIS IS TOUGH!
Ann thanks for your vote!! I thought it was rather appropriate! =)
So what else ya got?
Mandarin Moon
ReplyDeleteMandarin Madness
Mandarin Monkey
Mandarin Butterfly
Slice of Midnight
You could always combined two of the ones you have already thought of like "Mandarin Slices and Purple Peas" or "Midnight Monkeys and the Green Goose" that way you don't have to try to settle on just one, plus I think a combination keeps people more intrigued.
ReplyDeleteWow, I like all of those. I really like the purple pea one though. Maybe because it is just random, but sounds catchy at the same time. Plus, when I first read it it made me want to go check out whatever you were doing. Have fun picking your name!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you!!!I voted for the first one! Is there some story behind these choices?
ReplyDeleteA few words of advice... You won't regret picking something that means something special to you. Something that has some sort of personal tie to you! It will mean more to you then just some random catchy title!
Also... If you come up with it yourself you will feel more connected! Originality is something you can't fake!
Go with your gut! Don't just pick something because it has the most votes! I think deep down you'll know what to chose!
I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!!
Hmmm... this is hard. The way I came up with mine is after weeks and weeks of thinking and talking about it and coming up with a bazillion ideas, I was having a conversation with a friend and said to her, "I just want a name that is somewhat simple." ... and so thats what I got!
ReplyDeleteI voted for Midnight Monkey only because of your reasons behind it- staying up late after the monkeys are in bed. The other names are cute, but I think a name with meaning is fun. Much better than the name of my blog! Good luck! Let me know when you figure it out! I'd love to see what you come up with or decide on!
Thanks rebecca! Mandarin Slice actually has to particular meaning to me other than my favorite color is orange. Truth be told it is the name of a piece of scrapbook paper in a collection I have! I take to heart what you said about choosing my title....I'm leaning towards one way but I'm always open to new ideas. Sometimes other peoples ideas can spark a new idea or make you think of something important you hadn't thought of!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your vote!
Steph I think the name of your blog is great!! And don't think the meaning isn't special..it is special and meaningful simply (no punn intended hehe) because it perfectly states what you wanted!
ReplyDeleteI am so flattered that you'd ask my opinion! I voted for Purple Peas because it sounds cool and rolls off the tongue nicely. I would put something on the end like 'Purple Pea Crafts' or something. My opinion here {so take it at face value!} when I see links to new blogs I've never heard of, I'm more likely to check it out if I have an idea what the blog is about from the name. Being a new blog it's hard to get noticed, so I think it helps you get a foot in the door if the blog name makes it obvious what your blog is about. Does that make sense?
ReplyDeleteI agree with Steph, make it mean something to you. And yeah, it is hard coming up with a name that isn't already taken. Before your final decision, sleep on it and make sure you like it the next morning. I found that one day I'd like one name and the next, totally hated it. A good name will be liked for several days.
Good luck!! Can't wait to see what you decide on. Oh and I already follow your photogrpahy blog- would love an update sometime! Your pics are fabulous. seriously.
Oh and thanks for all your comments on my blog! Can you see all the pics now? I know there were some issues...
ReplyDeleteHmmm! I have a hard time with names too. I really like Midnight Monkey and Purple Peas! I also think a combination of two different ones would be fun too. What about Midnight Madness? Just a thought! I love the trees on your blog. Did you do those yourself?
ReplyDeleteCute choices! I voted! Let us know when you have it up! :)
ReplyDelete